Following worldwide trends of development for the 21st century, Vietnam is changing quickly for globalisation, which is evidenced in ratification of various trade agreements, most recently the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). This is one of the strongest motivations for import-export activities, in which the role of commercial banks, as well as that of Trade Finance Officers, is extremely important.
Anticipating such changes in the market and recruitment needs of commercial banks, Viet Victory has launched a special training courses for Trade Finance Officer. We help learners improve their work-related competences and assist banks to reduce their HR training time and expenses.
By the end of the course, learners can:
Understand thoroughly the role profile of Trade Finance Officer and reinforce general background knowledge of Banking
– Understand thoroughly different methods of international settlement; international and domestic rules/norms of foreign exchange management;
– Understand the standard working procedure in banks;
– Identify risks in international settlement;
– Master practical skills working with the Trade Finance module of Core-banking
– Build a professional image, thereby making a positive impression on employers and increasing chance of success in job interviews
– Complete a professional and outstanding CV to be sent to banking institutions.
– Practise qualification (entrance) exams in job application to banks
– Handle interview questions flexibily and increase self-confidence
– Understand basic principles of customer service and customer support
– Build good relationships with customers and increase chance of successful sales.
Job opportunities after the course
– Trade Finance Officer at Headquarters/Branches of commercial banks;
– Bank Executive, Import-Export Staff at companies involved in international commerce.
|PART A. SPECIALISED KNOWLEDGE|
|1.||An overview of commercial banks, job positions and job descriptions in commercial banks||0.5|
|2.||Regulations of foreign exchange management in international settlement in Vietnam||0.5|
|3.||Standard procedure of international money transfer:
– Conduct account transfer and collect charges for money transfer, amendment/verification;
– Provide instructions on how to compose SWIFT messages (MT103 for money transfer and MT199 for amendment/verification)
|4.||Standard procedure of collections in bank branches||03|
|Apply the Uniform Rules for Collections (URC)|
| Import Bills for Collections:
– Examine and process shipping documents;
– Declare and compose a SWIFT message – Advice of Acceptance;
– Make account transfer and compose a SWIFT message – Advice of Payment
| Export Bills for Collections:
– Examine shipping documents and composing a collection instruction to Collecting Bank;
– Credit to customer’s account
|5.||Standard procedure of Documentary Credit (L/C)||05|
|Apply Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP)|
– Advise and examine documents for L/C issuance application;
– Make account transfer, collect charges of L/C issuance and documents acceptance and settlement;
– Provide instructions on how to compose SWIFT messages (MT700, MT707, MT202, MT756, MT799, etc.)
– Provide instructions on how to examine the shipping documents under L/C..
– Examine L/C and advise a beneficiary advantages and disadvantages of L/C terms and conditions;
– Examine shipping documents and make a cover letter to Issuing Bank
– Credit to Beneficiary’s account
|PART B. SKILLS|
|6.||Building a professional image by banking standards||01|
|7.||Sales and Customer Service by banking standards||01|
|8.||Successful application skills||01|
|How to write a professional CV by banking standards|
|How to succeed in interviews by banking standards|
|Take aptitude tests corresponding to banking job titles|